Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Impatience leads to inspiration


Here’s the thing; I don’t wear hats. I can’t wear hats. I look like a dork in hats. I have the smallest forehead (it’s a 2-head really) and bangs and when I tuck them under the brim of a hat they are ruined for the day when the hat comes off.
I’ll spare you the image of how I look with my bangs squished out from under the brim.
Even those really cool “slouch” hats that look amazing on everyone-don’t work for me because I have straight hair and they always slip off.

The irony hasn’t escaped me- I love to knit hats and have easily made about 100- giving them all away when someone says, OMG, I love that! Can I try it on? Well of course you can. Naturally they look fantastic and I am consoled by the fact that hatty has found it’s home.

So where does that leave me? Pathetically sporting a 2-head with bangs and stick straight hair in the middle of winter in Maine?

I started making a cowl out of my favorite yarn because I wanted something quick and mindless to knit and because I wanted to wear this yarn in this color as soon as possible.

About ½ way in I stuck the tube on my head to make sure it would fit and low and behold, it was a pretty good brim. It was loose enough that my bangs could tuck under but not get all weird when the hat came off. It’s not slouchy but it’s comfy.

Dare I say it rates pretty low on the dork meter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment